. rossmore apartments
1413 2 Street SW
The Rossmore Apartments were built in 1911 by Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Martin. He was a lineman for Alberta Government Telephones and she a nurse at Holy Cross Hospital. The building was converted to offices in 1982 by Graham McCourt, architect.
The Rossmore is a good example of an apartment building of the pre-war boom era. It is a three-storey, brick building with a full basement and features the characteristic projecting bays at either end, which are often seen in Calgary's apartment buildings of that period. The recessed, central portion is highlighted by three-storey wood verandahs. A pressed metal cornice caps the facade. It forms part of a good residential streetscape in which most of the buildings are of similar age.
. to offer comments, corrections, or improvements to this article, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org