. evangelical church
1512 1st Street SW
In 1938, Calgary's Alliance Church, affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, was formed. In 1954. Alliance church built this white concrete block edifice at 1512, 1st Street SW.
It was designed in the Brutalist style. The building has elevated corners evoking the image of towers. It features straight sides and crenulated corners.
The evangelical Immanuel Church took over this building in 1969. Immanuel Church is still in existance today, working strongly to serve the community with such services as “Inn from the Cold”.
The church itself has undergone a number of overall colour changes, however one feature has always stayed the same – the “Jesus is Lord” banner painted across the north side of the building.
. to offer comments, corrections, or improvements to this article, email: email@example.com