. alexandra terrace

1911

303 14 Avenue SW

Alexandra Terrace is a very good example of the row ("terrace") house, and is one of the few remaining from Calgary's boom era. It is located in the Beltline area and was built in 1911 just as the population began to increase. The building is two storeys high with a basement and a developed attic. It underwent major  renovations in 1981-82 (by Dan Jenkins). It originally had verandahs on the facade but these were removed many years ago. The original owners were Harry J. Madill and W. Robertson, active businessmen of the period.  (1982)

 

. to offer comments, corrections or improvements to this article, e-mail: heritage@beltline.ca